Saturday, February 21, 2009

Tonight's Dinner


Feb 21
Day 4

Todays Weight: 205
Total Loss: 7.5
WooHoo!!!!

Geesh!! I’m starting to think I’m Bi-Polar!
Yesterday I was cranky and wanted to throw in the towel and WOULD have it I weren’t so darn stubborn.
Today I feel like I can do anything! I probably needed that ornery attitude to tell the dentist that I wanted the Lumineers OFF. He was sad about it, but he ground them off. It took about ½ an hour, and it should have been miserable (it was for the dentist – he hated doing it), but I was euphoric! I kept feeling my mouth grinning and I was so relieved to have them gone, that there was this ‘giggle’ in my chest. 14 months of discomfort gone in ½ an hour. What have I learned from this experience…..

Beauty doesn’t make the important people love you more
Kyler never even noticed….that I had Lumineers
You have to speak up for yourself
A beautiful smile is in the eyes, not the teeth
Real teeth can cut threads, open packages, and say Fs and Ss – fake teeth can’t
You can feel when there is food on your real teeth….
Society’s idea of the ideal smile may be a little narrow
Character may be more important than ‘perfection’
You have to feel good in your own skin
If you are genetically your Daddy – embrace it!
AND….DRUM ROLL
I can breathe through the awesome gap in my teeth!! – Air-conditioning for the tongue!

I’m up early today. The diet isn’t impacting my mood much. I have energy and enthusiasm for life. We’ll see how it goes!

I went to the wrestling match then a gardening class and by the time I got home it was time for lunch. I had steamed Talapia, asparagus, salsa, and an orange.

We visited with Dad and Mom, then came home an made dinner. WE had grilled chicken, fresh cooked spinach with lemon, salsa, and an apple.

I think today was a tad easier. I’m still low on energy, but I’m going forward.

No comments: