Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Small Gain

Feb 28
Day 11

Today’s Weight: 202
Total Loss: 10.5

The scales go up again. I’m trying hard not to be bummed. Every day of ‘starvation’ and ‘deprivation’ FEEL like they deserve a reward on the scale. I refuse to let this discourage me. One day cannot measure complete success or failure.

That is a lesson I need to learn clear to the bone. I struggle with thinking that any given performance, weakness, fault, or error define Dianne, the whole person! Little mistakes do not have to become big ones. Little failures SHOULD be seen as glitches in the program, not the whole program.

Yesterday I followed the diet to the letter, as I have everyday for the past 10 days. The scales are just one indicator of the work I have done. That half pound gain cannot negate a whole day of commitment and conformity. Yet, it DOES discourage me. It makes me feel like a failure, like I did something wrong. It is just a feeling, and a wrong one at that. I have not failed, in fact, my strength and dedication and commitment are bound and determined to do this for the full 40 days, even if the scales never move again. In the beginning I wanted to do this without the scale. This is why.

We went to Vegas to the wrestling tournament. It was pleasant.

Lunch: chicken, tomatoes, strawberries
Dinner: Shrimp, asparagus, cucumbers, orange.

I’m giving today a 7. I felt hungry and our of sorts a lot of the time.

No comments: