Thursday, March 26, 2009

On Fasting

Mar 26
Day 37

Today’s Weight: 190
Total loss: 22.5 lbs.

The Mormon’s live the law of the Fast. I’ve never done it well. Going hungry has always been extra difficult for me because of my addiction to food. When I decided to follow this diet, I knew I was in for a long drawn out hunger. It occurred to me that it is much like fasting. When we fast, we skip 2 meals or go without food and drink for 24 hours. Fasting always begins and ends with prayer. A proper fast includes a donation or fast-offering which should be at least the amount that the meals skipped would have cost. The funds thus raised are used in the churches welfare program which cares for the needy.
I decided to make this 40 day diet a 40 day fast. I am going to include an offering and I’m trying to keep a spiritual perspective.
In our church magazine, the Ensign, which came to my house today, there is an article entitled, “Fasting with Power”. The article explains that proper and consistent fasting can help us overcome sins, bad habits, and addictions.
I feel a hope and a conviction that something more positive than weight loss will have occurred through this commitment. I believe that healing has taken place.

Lunch: chicken, asparagus, orange
Dinner: gr beef, lettuce, tomato, onion, strawberries

Difficulty 3

No comments: