Thursday, March 19, 2009

milestone..

Mar 19
Day 30

Today’s Weight 197
Total Loss: 15.5 lbs.

It feels pretty good to type Day 30. I’m 75% of the way – YAE!

I put a couple of hours into the garden this morning. It sure saps me. I can feel the artificial energy of the B-12 and the appetite suppressant, but it is nothing like the real thing.

I keep thinking about our ancestors who had to cross the plains and mountains with little or nothing to eat. What amazing people they were to keep going while their bodies ate themselves up for fuel. They had no choice. My intelligence nudges me to be wise and to eat a little more, but my stubborn will says, NO!! I have committed to the 40 days. It has become kind of a proving test to myself, that I can commit to something extremely difficult, and carry through.

I went on the Michael Thurmond 6 week body makeover 3 years ago. I ate around 1100 calories @ day. I lost 17 lbs the first 30 days. Granted it was salt free and I exercised more faithfully, but I had the energy to do it and I ate twice as much. I find it so amazing how the body works. I think my body is operating in the slowest gear it has to preserve itself as it is aware of how little is coming in.

Lunch: chicken, summer squash, strawberries
Dinner: Tilapia, Asparagus, ½ grapefruit

Difficulty:3

No comments: