Monday, January 4, 2010

It Starts...

I woke up this morning and the dread is gone and I am excited to get started. I got on the scale….
214
My goal for this week is to lose a pound.

This is D-Day

Diet
Determined
Deliverance
Discoveries
Do-it
Dare
Devotion

I expect sometime today I will become overwhelmed and the big bad craving yearning need to escape in some ‘unallowed’ food is going to come up.

I need to plan for this ahead of time…
1. Don’t’ get ‘that’ hungry.
2. Have plenty of alternative things to do.
3. Grab the car keys and get out of the house
4. Pour a diet drink
5. pray pray pray pray
6. call a friend

And…if I slip?
Count the points…move on.

To my friends out there needing some nuts and bolts….
For myself I have chosen Weight-watchers. I’ve joined the on-line program which costs $16.95 per month. My points per day are 25 (determined by height and weight and age) There is also 35 extra points @ week that I can spend how I wish. I get an extra point for every 15 minutes of exercise I do. 1 Point = about 50 calories. It fluctuates according to the fiber and fat content of food, but it ends up being pretty close to 50 calories per point.

There are free websites out there for counting calories, fats, carbohydrates, fibers etc.

Sparkspeople.com

Fitday.com

These are both free. I like all of them. Writing down everything you eat is a big commitment but the studies all say that it is vital to success. I have noticed over the years and the diets that the more determined and committed I am the more I take care of these details.

I have a plan for the day also

Breakfast: Oatmeal with craisins and walnuts, cinnamon and splenda; 2 egg whites
Snack: apple & string cheese
Lunch: sandwich on high-fiber bread w turkey, tomato, lettuce light mayo and mustard; pickle; cherry tomatoes
Snack: oz meat and a fruit;
Dinner: (I think I’m making a pot of beans)…if not….clam chowder; some veggies

As I begin this diet I am also starting over on the 12-step steps. The first step is:

I of myself am powerless, nothing without God

My scripture for today:
Alma 26:12
Yea, I know that I am
nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

No comments: