Saturday, January 9, 2010

after 5 days on program...

“He Did Deliver Me from Bondage” By Colleen C Harrison on page 18

If we increase our dependence on anything or anyone except the Lord, we will find an immediate decrease in our freedom to act. (L. Tom Perry, Ensign, November 1991, p. 65)

We should put God ahead of everyone else in our lives. (Ezra T. Benson, Ensign, May 1988, p. 4;)

Yet no matter what the source of difficulty and no matter how you begin to obtain relief—through a qualified professional therapist, doctor, priesthood leader, friend, concerned parent, or loved one—no matter how you begin, those solutions will never provide a complete answer. The final healing comes through faith in Jesus Christ and His teachings, with a broken heart and a contrite spirit and obedience to His commandments. (Richard G. Scott, Ensign, May, 1994, p.7)

…we as a people have turned to “self” first, putting the greatest emphasis on our own “industry,” bringing ourselves dangerously in line with the “people of the church” in Alma’s day: "And it came to pass… that the people of the church began to wax proud ,…which they had obtained by their industry. (Alma 4:6)”

My (Dianne) thoughts:
I have been worrying this very idea for a while now. I read where others have just been 'healed' of their compulsions. It has been removed by God.
I waited and hoped that would happen for me. It didn't. Common sense tells me that I MUST use my agency in this process. I have to do something. I have to contribute. Of course I cannot heal myself. But my full participation in the process seems essential. I don't really need to worry if I am doing it right or wrong. I just need to take it all to Father in Heaven and keep making that connection As the saying goes, when the student is ready the teacher will come I am going to be 'okay' with the fact that I'm following Weight Watchers and coming to 12-Steps. I trust that inspiration is playing a big part in both decisions.

Moroni 10:32
Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

I hope that I am not putting self-reliance before God Reliance…
Yesterday I ate 23 points and exercised for 35 minutes.

No comments: