Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The first day...

There were several of 'those moments'. I ended up eating 32 points. I'm allowed 25 and I had 2 activity points and then I used 5 of the 35 weekly points, so even though it felt like I had eaten more than I 'should', I was actually dead on.

I didn't plan on exercising today, but Bonnie and Tim came over to workout, so I joined them and had a moderate 30 minute go. So I get 2 extra points today also.

If I look at this as the way I must eat for the rest of my life, I feel 'burdened' but...just for today...I think I'm ok with that.

Having a plan is important. Especially having that 'emergency plan' I slipped up yesterday when Gary cut open an avocado. I didn't resist and I ate half of one with 5 club crackers (6.5 points) I'm trying not to beat myself up about it. It's ok, I'm ok.

Today in 12-Steps, I'm pondering the reason why Nephi recorded for the world to see that he was tempted.

2 Nephi 4:17-19
Nevertheless, notwithstanding the great goodness of the Lord, in showing me his great and marvelous works, my heart exclaimeth: O wretched man that I am! Yea, my heart sorroweth because of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities.
I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily
beset me.
And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have
trusted.

If a prophet of God struggles with temptations and sins, I take comfort in that. When he says, "I know in whom I have trusted." I am given guidance to know where to go for help and in whom to place my own trust. WeightWatchers is a vehicle. Jesus is the GPS. I'm behind the wheel with my Learner's Permit!

I'm going to enjoy the Journey!

No comments: