Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I'm Back....

Take yourself out, dust yourself off, and start all over again....

I started attending 12-Step meetings to address my addiction to food and my compulsive over-eating. I attend the Church ARP (Addiction Recovery Program) each week, and I attend an on-line meeting every morning, the Heart to Heart Program. (mostly Mormons)
In the first steps of the 12, one admits they are powerless and that God has all power and they turn their addiction over to God.
I have struggled with this concept worrying that by going on a diet I am trying to take back the control I have surrendered. In the mean time, I keep gaining weight, waiting for God to 'fix me'.
I can see by this, that I must participate without taking control. Only with his help can I achieve anything, but he needs me to do something so he can help me with it.

I am starting Weight Watchers on Jan 4. I invite anyone who would like to join me!

This is my scripture for this week of preparation...

Mosiah 7:33
"But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage."

I weighed 214.5 on my scale on Monday morning.

My goal is to lose 1 pound this week. I am taking this 1-step at a time.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Thanks for helping remind me of who really is in charge. I will be following you, and hopefully have some progress of my own to report. Love you.